miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2010

Josefina from Chile


Name: Josefina Cerveró
Age: 25
City and country of origin: Santiago de Chile



1.When, where and for how long did you live or have you been living in Barcelona?

14 months


2.What made you move here?

In Santiago I felt like one of those seagulls that get lost from the sea and end up in any possible city, with no orientation, tired and completely out of place. I knew that here I would find an immense ocean where my liberty of expression would be understood (Santiago, as one might know, is a place with a lot of repression, I don’t blame it, it’s just what my country had to go through unfortunately). I knew I would be welcome here, that Spain would like me.


3.What made you leave / stay?

Here it just feels right. You can have one of the darkest days of your life or one of those best ones you will never forget. This city won’t let you fall asleep, you constantly see yourself in situations where you have to face yourself, there’s no one next to you who will tell you what to do. It’s very easy to lose control, to feel how blood pumps through your veins and how your heart beats faster… there are so many different paths to take, quick ones that take a part of you away, slow and hard paths or even the correct ones that suddently appear when you thought you were already lost. Life becomes completely unpredictable and that very much depends on yourself. Your horizons broaden and you cannot picture anymore how things are going to turn out.


4.What you like the most about Barcelona.

The city’s constant movement, the people, anecdotes you hear, the incredible pictures I can take here, where I can capture life, lifes I can see, feel and even smell while they float around.
As a photographer I think I am in the right place, there’s so much material to work with, here every day you find someone who has got a story to tell and who usually wants to share it with you and create things for the sake of art (even though that will eventually turn into benefits $, to be completely honest and realistic)


5.What you dislike the most about Barcelona.

Thiefs, bad people


6.Name a special place in Barcelona.

My room, my shelter, my hiding spot.


7.Name one word you would relate to Barcelona.

Freedom

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario