jueves, 8 de abril de 2010

Razul from Spain


Name: Razul Hernandez
Age: 33
City and country of origin:
Madrid, sunny Spain


1.When, where and for how long did you live or have you been living in Barcelona?

I am currently living in the Eixample (c/Urgell). I moved from New York about a year ago. It might be perceive as a faux pas, but such is life.



2.What made you move here?

I always thought it would be the place to live, if we ever were to return to what my grandfather would consider Spain. My girlfriend followed me to Holland, were we spent 6 enjoyable years. Then it was my turn to go after her to New York. Two years afterwards we skipped turns, and here we are.



3.What made you leave / stay?

Our contractual situation tells us we have at least two more years in BCN.



4.What you like the most about Barcelona.

We have lived in very cold, rainy places. The weather is certainly a plus. I consider BCN to be a fairly european city. It´s easy to walk around and beautiful in most parts. Decent record stores. People dress well. The streets are clean. I enjoy the cultural activity, although it is miles away from New York or even Amsterdam at times.



5.What you dislike the most about Barcelona.

Here is a list. It is bloody humid. Renting a flat is an ordeal of epic proportions (they seem to be unaware of the crap salaries paid everywhere). It is hard to make friends. I was warned about this in advance. At the end of the day I have been lucky, but it is certainly true. I mustn´t forget, if you don´t speak catalan, you might not find a job (not even a shitty one).



6.Name a special place in Barcelona.

We have not been here long enough. It always takes us half a year to start discovering the city where we live. I like this street: Carrer Gran de Gracia.



7.Name one word you would relate to Barcelona.

Visca

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario