lunes, 18 de enero de 2010

Cristina from Spain


Name: Cristina Iglesias
Age: 25
City and country of origin: Orense (Spain) (Although I grew up in Germany)


1.When, where and for how long have you been living in Barcelona?
I came here almost two years ago (wow, time goes by so fast!). I’ve lived in different places: from the “rather difficult” El Carmel and the centric L’Eixample to the bohemian Gràcia.


2.What made you move here?
Well, actually I came here because my boyfriend at that time received a work opportunity in Barcelona and I decided to come with him.


3.What made you stay?
Apart from deeply falling in love with the city (any better reason than this one?), I wanted to finish the studies I began here. And now that I’m almost finished with that too I’m thinking on staying now as well…



4.What you like the most about Barcelona.
I’m from a small town of Orense (Galicia), and not that I have anything against small towns, which I haven‘t, but in Barcelona you can find everything you want. In a nutshell: you have mountains, you have the coast, everyday you can do different stuff… But the most important: you can find people from all over the world (It is actually difficult to find someone who was born and who grew up in Barna), who either come to see the beautiful architecture and singularity of this place, or who decided, like I did, to live here. I think the streets of Barcelona are like the world concentrated in a single space. It’s simply great!


5.What you dislike the most about Barcelona.
The drawbacks of so much diversity are that sometimes you are not always in the mood for so much hustle and bustle. People in the subway, for instance, would sometimes simply run over you if they could, and the atmosphere turns out to be quite impersonal (to say it in a subtle way). The anonymity I so much enjoy in certain moments of the day, suddenly become hostile looks or pushy gestures.

6.Name one special place in Barcelona.
Without any doubt: The streets, shops, cafes and little restaurants of Gràcia!



7.Name one word you would relate to Barcelona.
This is a though one…If I have to stick to one word I guess I would choose: Culture

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario